Thursday, January 03, 2008

Orange Bowl Preview

In his BCS Preview my esteemed colleague remarked that the game doesn't excite him all that much. As a Kansas fan, I must disagree. The first BCS game for the Jayhawks should be quite a show.

Kansas has one of the most explosive offenses in the country. Sophomore quarterback Todd Reesing has thrown for 3,259 yards and 32 touchdowns. Senior RD Brandon McAnderson has ran for 1050 yards and 16 TDs, while backup Jake Sharp has ran for 788 yards. The Jayhawks average just over 44 points per game.

However, they haven't quite faced a team with a defense like Virginia Tech. Their rush defense ranks 5th in the nation, allowing just 86 yards per game. One interesting match up will be to see how Va Tech's secondary matches up with KU's receiving corps. Kansas will spread the field, with 4 or 5 wideouts, and while Va Tech should have the talent to cover Kansas's top wideout Marcus Henry, Kansas's 4th and 5th wideouts should be able to get open enough. One player to look for is Kerry Meier, who in his spare time is Kansas's backup QB. One interesting note is that Virginia Tech outscores its opponents 103-44 in the first quarter.

While my head says that Virginia Tech is probably the better team, I can't pick against the Jayhawks and the new Mangenius. Kansas 31, Va Tech 21

If I may send out a quick shameless plug, I started a blog at www.100percentsports.blogspot.com mostly featuring baseball talk, but there will also be a lot of college sports, and maybe even some soccer if I feel so inclined. So if you like my posts here come check it out, or even if you don't and just want to make fun of me that's ok too.

4 comments:

twins15 said...

Looks like we were both right with our slight upset pick of Kansas! I wish I had been able to see the game.

stephen a said...

Fantastic game. The officiating was pretty bad I thought. Not that it was favoring Va Tech, I think both teams had calls go against them. Fortunately I don't think it impacted the end of the game. And wow FOX is terrible at BCS coverage.

Anonymous said...

海綿寶寶小遊戲,視訊美女,海綿寶寶,微整型美容,笑話大全,酒店經紀,微整型,星座運勢,曼雪兒免費小說,十二星座,視訊聊天室,星座配對,愛情配對,酒店經紀,愛情運勢,視訊聊天,情色文學,瘦小腹,瘦腿,瘦身餐,酒店經紀,笑話,網頁設計,網站設計,酒店兼職,ktv酒店,酒店兼職,兼差打工,酒店上班,酒店經紀,酒店小姐,ktv酒店,兼差打工,酒店上班,酒店經紀,酒店小姐,ktv酒店,酒店兼職,兼差打工,酒店上班,酒店小姐,酒店公關,ktv酒店,酒店兼職,兼差打工,酒店上班,酒店小姐,ktv酒店,酒店兼職,兼差打工,酒店上班,酒店小姐,酒店公關

Print Management Software said...

Thanks to update your past. I search blog exactly appear to your blog. Yes I agree this is very powful content. Bye Regards