Sunday, November 19, 2006

NFL Picks Against the Spread: Week 11

My picks lately have pretty much just been me embarrassing myself... even so, I'm resilient, and so I'll make my picks again and the risk of public embarrassment.

Redskins (+3) over Bucs
I think getting the ancient Mark Brunell out of the lineup will give the Redskins a spark... it was time to give Campbell the call.

Titans (+13) over Eagles
Picking games involving the Titans this year has basically been an exercise in futility for me. They've lost by 30+ points 3 times already this season. They've also played a lot of good teams very close. I'll throw my hat into them keeping it relatively close in this one.

Rams (+6.5) over Panthers
Carolina is still a little too inconsistent for my liking. Everyone is down on St. Louis because they've lost 3 straight, but those games were all against good teams. I think they'll bounce back and surprise the Panthers.

Steelers (-4) over Browns
A last-minute playoff push for the Steelers? Maybe too little, too late, but they are playing a lot better now.

Chiefs (-9) over Raiders
Raiders defense is actually ok, which makes me a little leery about picking against them with the 9 point spread. But then I remember how bad the offense is, and it becomes a little easier.

Patriots (-5.5) over Packers
Packers have been playing well, New England has not been playing well, game is in Lambeau. It seems so simple. I've found that it usually isn't, which is why New England is my pick.

Vikings (+3) over Dolphins
Brad Johnson is playing for his starting job, and at his age, maybe his career. I believe in a thing called desparation (and a thing called the Vikings defense).

Bills (+2.5) over Texans
I'll be honest, I don't have the slightest clue here. This is basically a random guess.

Jets (+6) over Bears
If Rex Grossman delivers two straight solid performances on the road maybe I'll trust him again... but it's hard to get the images of the Dolphins and Cardinals games out of my mind.

Bengals (+3) over Saints
This is probably a desperation game for the Bengals. They're 4-5 and a loss here would make it very tough for them in the tough AFC. I see a good effort for Cincy, and Carson Palmer putting up some big numbers.

Ravens (-3.5) over Falcons
Well Michael Vick, you almost fooled us. But it's good to have the Vick we've all come to know and love back.

Lions (+2) over Cardinals
The Cardinals are favored to win? Is there something I'm missing?

Seahawks (-3.5) over 49ers
I'm VERY tempted to take the Niners here, because they've been playing pretty decently well. But, well, the Seahawks haven't been playing so bad either. Hasselbeck and Alexander may even be back... I'll take the Seahawks.

Colts (+1) over Cowboys
Some of the odds I've seen have the Colts favored by 1, some have Cowboys, etc. The ones i go with every week have the Cowboys by 1. And I don't understand it. Obviously "America's Team" is better with Romo in the lineup. But two weeks ago they lost to Washington. The Cowboys are 5-4. The Colts are 9-0 and their offense looks unstoppable. I don't get it.

Chargers (+2.5) over Broncos
That sound you hear is Jay Cutler warming up on the sideline.

Giants (+4) over Jaguars
I thought David Garrard would be excellent in the starting role last week... and he threw 4 INT and basically did everything possible to lose the game. I know this one is in Jacksonville, and the Giants are banged up, I just think they'll respond after that Bears game. I think it'll be a tight game, and I'll go with the Giants.

Last Week: 7-9
Season: 63-75-6

1 comment:

twins15 said...

I've got a shot for .500 this week depending on the Monday nighter... but in general I've pretty much embarrassed myself!