Friday, May 05, 2006

Twins Update: Ron Gardenhire, meet Francisco Liriano

Dear Ron Gardenhire,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's some guy named Francisco Liriano on your team. Coming into the year, he was considered one of the best pitching prospects in baseball, and nothing he has done so far has shown that to be false in any way. He has a 6:1 BB:K ratio through 16.1 innings. That's pretty good.

Well, I do know you're aware of this, but Kyle Lohse had another poor outing tonight. 4 innings, 9 hits, and 7 runs. This raises his ERA to 9.71. No, that's not a typo.

The point is Ron, with the team at 11-18 and looking more anemic by the day, shouldn't some type of change be made? If you're going to continue starting guys like Tony Batista and Juan Castro, can't we at least have a chance in the pitching staff? Like, put Liriano in the rotation and take Lohse out? Take a look at the numbers. Take a look at any numbers. I'll even give some to you.

(OBP/SLG)
Juan Castro - .269/.284
Tony Batista - .316/.400 (well, I guess that's not so bad. i'll bet you a wooden nickel it gets worse by the end of the year)

But hey, at least Jason Kubel's getting ABs down in AAA!

Signed,
Twins15

P.S. Are you as worried as I am about having to face Joel Zumaya for a long time as I am? He's going to be a great pitcher, whether it's in the Pen or in the Rotation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»