Monday, December 18, 2006

NFL Week 15 Recap

Aside from the start of the Tarvaris Jackson Era, some other things did happen this weekend in the NFL. I'll recap in a way that only I can... hit on some things in a mildly sarcastic manner until I get bored. Because that's just the way things work around here.

- So anyway, another example of how I don't understand the NFL. Last week the Saints went into Dallas and absolutely destroyed the [now] 9-5 Cowboys. This week they came back home and lost to the [now] 5-7 Washington Redskins. I suppose that makes perfect sense to someone, somewhere, but not me.

- Joey Harrington: 5/17, 20 yards, 2 INT. Good to have you back!

- I think it's time to remind everyone that the Carolina Panthers were a popular preseason Super Bowl pick. And here they lost 37-3! 37-3! I know Jake Delhomme was out and Chris Weinke sucks... but 37-3?

- Tampa Bay scored 31 points on the Chicago Bears? Rex Grossman bails out the Bears defense and special teams? The NFL can be so weird sometimes.

- It looks like Andy Reid has finally discovered that a run game is not such an evil thing... 19 carries for Brian Westbrook, 8 more for Correll Buckhalter, another win for the Philadelphia Eagles. Coincidence? Well, maybe. But I tend to think not.

- As I predicted, another loss to Tennessee for the Jacksonville Jaguars. 2/3 of their losses this year are to either Tennessee (quietly 7-7) or Houston (not so quietly sucking again). And Vince Young didn't even need any late-game heroics this week.

- Oakland's offense sucks badly. No need to expound on that. They're just awful, and yet somehow they were favored this week. Um, yeah.

- At least Brett Favre didn't disappoint. 0 TD, 3 INT. And the Packers still beat the Lions. Please Detroit, I beg you, keep Matt Millen around as long as possible!

- Yay for the NFL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weirdess and the unpredictability of the NFL is a main reason why it's so hard to consistently win money betting football. The Saints were favored by 10 points and it seemed so easy against the Redskins. If they didn't cover they should win right?

KC look horrible last night on offense but watch them put up 50 points next week to whoever they're playing. I wouldn't be surprised.

twins15 said...

Yeah, that's why I definitely don't bet on football (well, that combined with the fact that I'm in college so I don't really have a lot of money)... and judging from the record of my picks against the spread I make for fun, I'm not going to be starting anytime soon!

SAMO said...

Wow Vince Young knows how to win.