Saturday, July 15, 2006

Weekend O' Links

Ok, so I finally got the day off from work (yay for me!), and work is the time I normally think about something to write about, but instead I was out at the river, which is way more fun. Anyway, the point of this babbling is to say that nothing really that interesting happened today, so instead of me boring you, I'll link you to some things that entertained me at least.

- First off, this is a couple of days old, but Bill Simmons did a chat thingy again, and parts of it are quite amusing. My favorites:

But I didn't think the Zidane thing was as big of a deal as everyone made it out to be -- 8 minutes left in extra time, and it's not like they didn't have 10 guys left. Plus, their keeper, Paul Shaffer, didn't come close to stopping any of Italy's penalty kicks. They would have lost either way. I'm just excited that Tyson's ear bite on Holyfield finally has a sports rival.
Bill Simmons: I'm just disappointed that Buck wasn't announced the World Cup Final during Zidane's head butt. I just picture him giving us a 5-minute lecture about sportsmanship, saying the word "vicious" 330 times and then sobbing on live TV.

Chris Berman (Bristol, Conn): You're with me, Sports Guy.

Bill Simmons: (Trying to fight off 100,000 bolts of electric current ...)

By the way, go to Deadspin for the "You're with me Leather" reference.

- Jason Tyner: Hero.

- A new site described to me as "Buster Olney-like". I report, you decide.

- I know you've always wondered who the top 10 teams to never win an NBA Title were... well, now you know!

- Sorry Cubs fans... it's looking more and more like the Cubs need to cut the cord with Kerry Wood and Mark Prior. Because they get injured and stuff.

- A heartfelt letter from our own Barbaro. This coming from the same guy who gave us some early speculation on what Materazzi really said to Zidane. Among the guesses: "You play soccer like an American!"

- Looking for a message board? You can always try The Hangout, part of Kevin Antcliff's site.

- Need a 2nd half MLB Fantasy Guide? Well here's a pretty good one.

- Thanks for all your help in beating the Detroit Tigers, Kansas City! (note: that's sarcasm)

- Now that I'm finding soccer more interesting, subplots like this over in the European Leagues are suddenly much more interesting.

Anyway, this should hold you over while you wait for your next thrilling installment here on Complete Sports! (yes, that's sarcasm too)

No comments: