Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bill Walton has outdone himself

I didn't hear this firsthand, but was told by someone else that Bill Walton made this comment during the Spurs game:

"Yesterday we celebrated Sir Isaac Newton's discovery of gravity, today, Fabricio Oberto is defying it."

Bwahahaha!!

Just remember, if you have any good Bill Walton quotes, you can post them in the comments section of my previous Bill Walton post, or just post them in the comments on this post. We're trying to build a Bill Walton Quote Library here!!

5 comments:

SAMO said...

You know what I love Bill Walton. I was watching my Mavericks on ESPN a few days ago and Walton was a part of the crew calling the game. Stackhouse comes off the bench and a minute later he hits a jumper. Bill Walton proceeds to say "Jerry Stackhouse is on fire right now." A minute later Stackhouse misses his second shot attempt and Walton states, "finally Jerry Stackhouse misses."

twins15 said...

Nice. :D

That's classic Bill Walton there.

The Don said...

I guess Bill Walton is one of those either/or types of announcers. There aren't too many of them, but he certainly fits that mold. I personally loathe him, but it is mostly due to his droning voice and what I consider useless analysis.

Anonymous said...

I did happen to catch that comment during the game--I also enjoyed it--forgot to tell you!!

Anonymous said...

just adding a great one from a clipps game some years back
(following an Olowokandi hook shot)
Bill: Michael Olowokandi! Where's the triple team at?