Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gary Payton made a jumpshot.

That's pretty much the storyline of the game. At this point, I don't care when GP makes a jumper, and I don't care the situation, I'm going to applaud every time Gary Payton is still able to make a jumpshot. Case in point, Payton is shooting 22% this series, while scoring 1.3 points per game in 22 minutes per game. I think the fact he made a jumper is more significant than the Heat winning the game! But I digress.

The other big story, of course, was that Dwyane Wade can be pretty much unstoppable. 42 points, 13 rebounds against an athletic, solid defensively Mavs team? Unbelievable. Combine that with some actual help from his teammates (3 others in double figures), and we have a series again. Gatorade Dump says this is one of the best efforts in NBA Finals history during his live blog, and well, it's hard to argue with those numbers and the 4th quarter performance.

Dirk once again led the Mavs with 30 points, but he missed the FT that counted. Which was quite a surprise. He's a 90% FT shooter, and he's been clutch throughout the playoffs. I suppose he was due for a miss, but I don't think that'll make him feel any better. Regardless, I'm sure he'll be able to put it behind him and get ready for Game 4 in Miami.

The good thing for Miami? They made this a series again. The bad thing for Miami? If Wade doesn't do something like this in Game 4, then once again the series is just about over.

No comments: