Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mavs/Heat Game 4 Prediction

First off, I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

Now that I got that out of the way, let's move on to Game 4 of the NBA Finals, with the Mavs currently sporting a 2-1 advantage. As you know Dwyane Wade was pretty much perfect in Game 3, allowing Miami to have a reasonable shot in this thing.

But I'm not convinced.

Ih sure, I believe in the Power of Wade, but consider that their third best player (by far) is Antoine "I'm a Volume Shooter" Walker, and after that you can have your pick of "White Chocolate", James Posey, or Udonis Haslem. That's doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Which is why I like Dallas in Game 4. Considering that the Heat were in front of a pumped home crowd in a must-win game, with their supserstar having an off-the-charts game, and they only won by 2 and got a little luck from Dirk missing a free throw. Don't get me wrong, they deserved this victory, but that's a lot of things happening for a 2-point win.

So what do I see in Game 4? Well, we'll see more of the same defensively on Shaq, especially if no one else (other than Wade, of course) steps up. If Jason Williams or James Posey can hit a couple 3s early things change, but nothing they've done so far leads me to believe that'll happen.

Dallas - 97
Miami - 90

2 comments:

The Armchair Quarterback said...

I'm with you. The Mavs have flat out looked better than the Heat. Even in the loss the Heat didn't look that good. I wish it wasn't so because I'm a huge Wade fan but I think Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki will be sharing a champagne bottle soon. Hopefully not a room as well.
Sorry. That was uncalled for. Sorta.

Anonymous said...

I don't know...somehow I got this feeling like Miami is gonna run away with the game tonight. I'm not really a Miami guy, but I feel like these playoffs are all about momentum and clearly Miami has something going for them after the last game. Maybe Cuban's comments on Letterman should inspire the troops to step up. Either way, should be a classic.