Friday, June 16, 2006

Never bet against Dwyane Wade

Well, it's one thing to be wrong. It's another to be dead wrong. And that's what I was when I predicted Dallas would win Game 4 in Miami. Instead, Miami cruised to a 98-74 win.

Before I go any further, let me give credit to Steph from Steph Surfing, who made the following comment on my post yesterday:

I don't know...somehow I got this feeling like Miami is gonna run away with the game tonight. I'm not really a Miami guy, but I feel like these playoffs are all about momentum and clearly Miami has something going for them after the last game.

Well done, because that's about what happened. Dwyane Wade scored 36 in 40 minutes. The Diesel scored 17 and had 13 rebounds. And they had some role players step up, as James Posey had 15 points and 10 rebounds off the bench, and Antoine Walker chipped in 14.

Add all of this along with a subpar (to put it kindly) game from the Mavericks, and that's why we get the 98-74 final. Dirk was 2/14 from the field. Stackhouse scored 16 off the bench, which is nice, but the only problem was that it took him 18 shots to do it. 31.6%? 3/22 from downtown? It's a wonder the Mavs even kept it within 24.

So yes, I must admit that I was dead wrong. It's amazing how much better the Mavs looked than the Heat in the first 2 games, only to have the opposite be true in Game 4. Hopefully we get back to the close games we've been used to from these playoffs once we get to Game 5 on Sunday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props...I guess my intuition was good on this one! Game 5 is gonna be awesome, if the mavs don't win, I'm scared to think what Avery Johnson is going to do to them. He's got one mean mug!