Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A-Rod or Pujols?

With MLB season right around the corner, there's one question on everyone's mind... who should be the #1 pick in fantasy baseball? Ok, it's not on everyone's mind, but there's a lot of people that are wondering. And the decision basically comes down to one question, A-Rod or Pujols?

This question was addressed by Brandon Funston of Yahoo, and he came to the conclusion that A-Rod was the top choice. And I have to say, I agree with this.

Both players are basically in their prime. A-Rod's older, but he's not slowing down any. Funston makes a point to mention lineups, and this is a good point... do you want Johnny Damon and Derek Jeter hitting in front of you or David Eckstein and Junior Spivey? A-Rod should have more RBI opportunities.

But the biggest factor, I think, is their positions. Yes, there are some good, young 3B (David Wright is a stud already, and I believe Migeul Cabrera is moving back to 3B this year), but on the whole, hitting is easier to find from a 1B than a 3B. And this is what set A-Rod apart in my book.

Conclusion: Pujols is the better hitter, A-Rod is the better fantasy value.

3 comments:

mhofeld said...

I would take Pujols first!

Anonymous said...

You are right but I still hate A-Rod so much... It is impossible to have a player that I dispise on my fantasy team.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀酒店打工 酒店工作酒店上班酒店兼差酒店兼職打工兼差打工兼職台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店經紀 打工 兼差