Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Signing Day

I said yesterday I was in more of a basketball mind, but I couldn't help but get excited for football today, the day when recruits could officially sign on with colleges. I've never really got too excited about this in year's past, but I was pretty excited for it this year, for whatever reason.

In fact, I might actually carry out my plan to put lots of the top prospects into an Excel spreadsheet, and then follow them through their careers. And yes, as I have said before, I realize I'm nerdy like that. :)

One of the coolest articles I have read was one by Stewart Mandel on SI. com. He basically followed Urban Meyer, and all the work that goes into recruiting, that allowed Florida to have the #1 class by most measures. Really a fascinating article if you're at all interested in the job of a college football coach, especially at a major program.

Also for reference, here's a list of the top prospects as rated by scout.com.

Class Rankings:
1) Florida
2) USC
3) Texas
4) Georgia
5) Penn St.

4 comments:

mhofeld said...

My Sooners finished with a top 10 class as well.

ming said...

soccer rules!

Mark said...

For complete sports you should really include soccer, especially with current news. Last night both Manchester United and Arsenal lost, and today manager of Newcastle Graham Souness was sacked after another defeat.

Thanks for your comment over on my blog. John

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀酒店打工 酒店工作酒店上班酒店兼差酒店兼職打工兼差打工兼職台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店經紀 打工 兼差