Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Does anyone want the last 3 Playoff spots in the East? Anyone? Bueller?

As of right now, there are 4 teams (Milwaukee, Indiana, Philadelphia, and Chicago) fighting for 3 playoff spots, or in other words, the right to lose by a lot in round 1. All 4 are within one game of each other, and all are at least 3 games below .500. Indiana and Milwaukee are 37-40, Boston and Philadelphia are 36-41.

Only the Bulls are over .500 over their last 10, at 7-3. Milwaukee has lost 7 of 10 and 4 in a row. Indiana has lost 7 of 10. Philly has lost 6 of 10. Here are the remaining schedules for the teams.

Milwaukee: Washington, @ New York, Atlanta, Detroit, @ Washington
Indiana: Boston, Minnesota, @ Charlotte, @ Toronto, Orlando
Philadelphia: @ New Jersey, @ Miami, @ Orlando, New Jersey, @ Charlotte
Chicago: @ Atlanta, Washington, @ Miami, @ Orlando, Toronto

My thoughts? Milwaukee and Indiana look to be in. Indy's schedule looks fairly easy, so I think they'll nab the 6 seed. The Bucks should be able to get at least one from Washington and beat NY and Atlanta, so I have them at #7. For the final spot, while I love the Sixers and I love AI and I love his heart out there, that schedule looks too daunting. Depending on how you view Charlotte, that's 5 legitimately tough games. As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Bulls will nab the 8th and final playoff spot.

3 comments:

The Big Picture said...

ugh, are the knicks fighting at all for that 8th spot or are they just, you know, fighting?

Dan McGowan said...

I hoping the Magic win out and make it interesting. Darko vs Detroit could be fun.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀酒店打工 酒店工作酒店上班酒店兼差酒店兼職打工兼差打工兼職台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店經紀 打工 兼差