Thursday, March 08, 2007

College Basketball National Awards

I suppose, with the regular season over, it's time for me to give my national awards and All-American teams. So here we go. I don't have time for long explanations, but that's ok. Forgive me.

National Player of the Year - Kevin Durant (Texas) - Quite simply, no one was even close to Durant this year. He was the only player to finish in the top 5 in both scoring and rebounding nationally. Just an incredible talent and incredible player. Try to catch all of the rest of his games if you can... guys like Durant don't come along too often.

Freshman of the Year - Kevin Durant (Texas) - See above.

Coach of the Year - Tony Bennett (Washington St.) - Bennett was superb in his first year, bringing life back to the Washington St. program as well as a Tourney berth. He also had the Cougars in contention for the Pac-10 title (eventually finishing 2nd), which was not at all expected. Got to think he's got a bright future ahead of him in Pullman.

1st Team All-American
Acie Law (Texas A&M)

Jared Dudley (Boston College)

Alando Tucker (Wisconsin)

Kevin Durant (Texas)

Nick Fazekas (Nevada)

2nd Team All-American
Darren Collison (UCLA)

Chris Lofton (Tennessee)

Arron Afflalo (UCLA)

Jeff Green (Georgetown)

Tyler Hansbrough (North Carolina)

What do you think?

4 comments:

SAMO said...

I don't like Dudley that much and would make him second team. I think Affalo deserves first team consideration, so does Green.

Durant for POY? What about D-Wade? HAHAHAH Got ya!Te

twins15 said...

I actually had Afflalo on the first team originally, but I just like Dudley a little better this year. He's been superb, and I feel like BC would be a really bad team without him.

And I stand by DWade! :) Though with the injury the award is definitely Dirk's to lose.

Anonymous said...

I always think its a good skill inidcator if a player is doing well in a bad team. The guys that can do that are usually the guys that go on to become greats.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Anonymous said...

酒店打工 酒店兼職
台北酒店 打工兼差 酒店
酒店經紀 禮服店
酒店兼差 酒店上班 酒店PT 酒店應徵 酒店工作