Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Final Four is Set

With Florida getting back to the Final Four, and Georgetown coming back to beat North Carolina, the Final Four is set. Honestly, as boring as the first round was with the lack of upsets, it has made these later rounds better, because the quality of play of been high with a lot of good teams. I expect that trend to continue, because we're going to have 4 of the 6 or 7 best teams in the NCAA playing next weekend, and I'm not sure that was the case last year.

Overall, I would say this year's Tournament has not been as exciting as last year's (then again, no Tournament I can ever remember has been as exciting as the first 4 rounds last year), but I really think this year's Final Four will be a lot more exciting than last year.

Anyway, some questions for the Final Four, of which I don't have answers now (maybe later in the week!), but I think will be interesting.

- Is UCLA more suited to play Florida than they were last year in the Tournament?
- Will UCLA doubling on the posts be enough to stop Al Horford?
- Can Lee Humphrey and Taurean Green get open shots against the backcourt of UCLA?
- Can UCLA speed up the game enough to force Billy Donovan to take out Humphrey and put in another ballhandler to handle pressure?
- Who will get the best of what should be a great Oden vs. Hibbert matchup?
- Can anyone slow down Mike Conley?
- If Greg Oden gets in foul trouble, can the Buckeyes slow down the Hoyas down low?
- Can the Hoyas make outside shots against the Ohio St. zone?

Anyway, lots more to come, but these were just a few questions that will have to be answered in the Final Four... what are you most interesting in seeing?

8 comments:

SAMO said...

Well I was 4 for 4 in my picks on this blog. I don't want to shine my own whistle, but I will anyways.

Now to the thoughts....

Yes, in my opinion I think this UCLA team is better equipped to beat Florida, for a few reasons.

1. Their bigs are better defensively than last year. They will be able to better contain Horford and Noah (damnit I hate Noah).

2. Farmar is no Afflalo. Jordan was great but he didn't have the capability to take over a game like the way Afflalo did vs. Kansas. I think Afflalo's jumper will be falling and he will attack the rim. He is ready to lead this team.

3. Redemption. I even think that UCLA would agree that they were a little overwhelmed/outmatched last year in the finals. But this team has a chip on their shoulder to prove that this year is their year.

I will talk about Ohio State-Georgetown later. Sleep time.

BTW I am taking UCLA.

Anonymous said...

"Can UCLA speed up the game enough to force Billy Donovan to take out Humphrey and put in another ballhandler to handle pressure?"

That right there might well be the key to the game. Thats always the best tactic in a situation like this. Speed the game up, don't let them settle etc etc.

stephen a said...

same championship game as in football, same result

The Big Picture said...

for how good ucla is, I don't see them beating florida. it's virtually the same matchup in last year's championship game, and we all know how that went.

hibbert/green vs. oden could be fun.

SAMO said...

Don't get me wrong I love Zach but I have to disagree. I think Darren Collison is a significant upgrade at the point from Farmar. I think the bigs are more experienced and I don't see Afflalo letting his team lose twice in a row to this team. Did you see that performance vs. Kansas....wow.

Anonymous said...

aa免費看情色a片日本a片av女優av片ava片下載85cc免費影片85cc免費影城a片sex520免費影片hilivesogo論壇線上a片免費a片okav成人影院Hilive8591.tv鎖碼頻道AV168 成人電影院成人聊天室av小魔女免費影片a片日本a片aa片免費看a片下載情色a片免費a片aaa片免費看短片aaa片免費看aaa片免費看影片線上a片免費a片下載卡通a片線上aa片免費看免費線上a片aa片免費看影片情色a片日本a片av女優av片avsogo論壇okava片下載85cc免費影片85cc免費影城a片hilivesex520痴漢俱樂部okav成人影院hiliveavhigh聊天室守護甜心視訊聊天網av

Anonymous said...

tn chaussures
nike tn
ed hardy clothing
cheap ed hardy
Chaussures Sport
Chaussures Sport
tn requin
Air Jordan Shoes
NFL Jerseys
MBT shoes
nike tn
puma chaussures hommes
NFL Jerseys
Cheap jeans
NFL Jerseys
Air Jordan Shoes
Chaussure de Sport
Chaussures Sports

Anonymous said...

酒店打工 酒店兼職
台北酒店 打工兼差 酒店
酒店經紀 禮服店
酒店兼差 酒店上班 酒店PT 酒店應徵 酒店工作